The proprietary, patent pending, non-asphaltic Primed Red Coating integrated on the surface of STRUCTODEK HD possesses unique bonding characteristics that ultimately result in superior adhesion capabilities with the current membrane & adhesive technology on the market today. The nonasphaltic Primed Red Coating is compatible with all single-ply membranes including PVC, TPO, EPDM, and CSPE without concern of premature membrane degradation that is often associated with asphalt emulsion coated fiberboard products. Additionally the Primed Red Coating, unlike asphalt emulsion
coated products, has proven to be compatible with traditional, low VOC and water-based adhesives as well as many foam adhesives. The Primed Red Coating allows adhesives & foams to “key” into the STRUCTODEK HD surface while at the same time deterring excessive adhesive absorption. The
unique Primed Red Coating allows for a solid membrane bond while still providing optimal square foot per gallon of adhesive coverage thus insuring a quality & cost effective membrane installation.
• Compatible with PVC, TPO, EPDM, CSPE single-ply membranes as well as more traditional systems.
• Compatible with most low VOC, water-based and traditional adhesives.
• Superior adhesion without excess adhesive absorption.
• Compatible with most direct peel-and-stick applications.
• BUR compatible – easily handles hot asphalt.
• Approved in thousands of FM RoofNav® & UL Class A and Class 1 rated roof system assemblies.
• Green, non-asphaltic coating – contributes to LEED credits.
• Hail resistant, structurally rigid, easily handles heavy foot traffic and wheeled loads.
• Possesses SOUNDSTOP® sound deadening technology.
• Contributes to thermal insulation with R-values of 1.3 per ½”.
• Lightweight, fiberglass free, cuts with a standard utility knife.
• Compressive strength exceeds the Canadian standard at 10% deformation for ½” thickness.
• Coated 2 sides Primed Red provides optimal surface bonding characteristics ideal for use in single and multiple layer roof systems.